Like any girl who grew up watching the Disney channel and reading books like Pride and Prejudice, I too regard date nights as holy and important. So I started by cooking an easy but elegant meal, and planned to watch the movie Switch(randomly selected), while savoring the meal. He lit up the fireplace and poured a glass of wine, while I finished cooking dinner. The dinner was amazing and the date was going fabulous until all the fire alarms in the apartment starting blaring. Instantaneously we were hit by the realization that we forgot to open the fireplace vent and smoke had spread in the entire apartment. Chaos had struck and the date night was invaded by the maintenance guys. Now it’s a cool story and we laugh about it; washing the soot off the walls is a story for another day.
Honey Garlic Tilapia along with Roasted Asparagus and Sweet Potato
Ingredients:- Tilapia Fish( cod shall also work fine)- 2 Fillet Asparagus- 6-10 sticks Sweet Potato- 1 Large Garlic Cloves- 7 cloves Honey- 1/2 Tsp Butter- 3 TBsp Cilantro- Few leaves Salt- to taste Pepper- totaste Lime-1/2 Lime large Garlic Bread- 4 pieces
For Sweet Potato
- Boil the Potato along with the Skin for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Once boiled cut the Sweet Potato in the circular shape.
- Cut the roots of Asparagus and peel it.
- Defrost the fish which you can do by keeping it in a hot water container for 20 min.
- For dressing mix butter, garlic, and other dry ingredients and warm it up in a microwave for 30 sec or till the butter melts.
- Take a baking tray and line up with the silver foil.
- on base lay Asparagus and Sweet Potato along with some lime slices.
- On top of this layer put the fish and rub the butter mixture on both sides of the fillet.
- Bake the fish at 400’F for 25 minutes or until the temperature of the fish reaches 145’F.
Hope you have fun at your Date night and let me know how it was!!