When I came to USA one of the things that I craved most was home-cooked food. One day I felt like having tomato soup and called my mother for guidance. Since then with just a little variation I make tomato soup whenever I miss my home. The best part of the recipe is that it’s simple, easy and fast to cook.
For the soup:- Onion - 1 Roma Tomato-5 Baby Spinach-1 cup Carrots - 1 cup Beetroot- 1/2 cup Garlic Cloves- 4 Ginger-1 Tsp Green Chili-2 For Bread Crumbs:- Bread - 4(Cut into squares) Olive oil- 2 Tsp Oregano-for garnishing
- Cut the onion, tomato, and carrots in half and put the all other ingredients in a pressure cooker and add three glasses of water.
- Let it cook on medium till 4 whistles and then switch off the pressure cooker.
- Let the soup cool down a little before churning the boiled vegetables in a mixer.
- Once blended, Pour it back into a pot and add water if you think its too thick.
- Now add salt and pepper and boil the soup for 5 min.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and basil
- While serving I like to put cream or ricotta cheese in my soup. Believe me, it tastes amazing.
- spread the bread on a baking sheet and sprinkle olive oil and oregano on it.
- Pre-Heat oven at 350F.Bake the break for 10 min and check if it’s crispy.